Saturday, February 11, 2017

Analyzing My 2016 Investing






I spent some time during the Chinese New Year holidays to analyse and look at all my 2016 investing.

I think this action makes me a better investor and also make me aware of my strengths and weakness.

I do it on a yearly basis but I know some people who do it weekly and/or monthly. I think monthly is best as you can see your mistakes much earlier. Oh well, I am a bit lazy ....

I have 3 columns ... 1) Stock trading and investments 1) Dividends and 3) Other Income

Overall I did better than 2015 ..

I managed to reduce the number of trades, yet INCREASE my income on stock trading and investments and dividends.

I also made some "Other income" from Google Adsense compared to zero in 2015.

I also started putting money into my KWSP (EPF) account .(more about this in an article later)

I made some terrible mistakes too ...on two stocks which I suffered huge losses. These are speculative stocks and I did NOT cut loss quickly. I must learn from this and remember the lessons in my head.

All the best and good trading everyone in 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment