Saturday, May 7, 2016

What Koon Yew Yin should have done





This article is written in respond to the Star paper article here.

I have been in the investing game for a long time, but of course not as long as Koon Yew Yin due to the age factor.

But I figure out very early that anything that got to do with lots of money is a sensitive topic. That means investing in the share market, which can require a substantial amount of cash, is a sensitive topic to many people. Talk the wrong thing ...and you hit a lot of raw nerves and all hell will break loose.

With this in mind, I set-up Ongmali Blogspot to share some of my knowledge on what is important to look for in share market investing to newbies but mostly on general topics. I hardly ever talk or promote a stock because in the share market nothing is 100% guaranteed. I know if a share I promote goes south, I will get cursed and brick bats despite the advice being FOC. More so a person like Koon Yew Yin who can influence the share price with his enormous buying and selling.

What Koon Yew Yin should have done is ....just give general advice on the share market like me. In fact, to Koon Yew Yin, if you are reading this ....I admire you and normally read your general advice but never took up on your tips. Maybe I was always too late because I like to buy when the share has not moved much yet, but the other thing that bugged me ...was the selling part. If you could influence the share to rally up ..would NOT the same thing but in opposite direction happen when you ultimately sell ??

So the moral of the story is : just give general advice on the share market. If you want to quote examples to make the point, talk on shares that you already sold off as a case study. In this way there is no conflict of interests and this is not price sensitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment