Friday, January 1, 2016

Loss Tracking





I hate to summarise all of my trading losses.

But if you are serious about investing in the stock market, it got to be done.

The analysis will show what you did wrong in these trades and thankfully you will not repeat the mistake again.

Unlike a Profit Tracking journal, you will need to put in every losing trades you have made for the period.

I have the following columns:

1. Date of trade

2. Stock Name

3. How much I Lost

4. Description of Loss

5. The Mistakes I Made that cause the Loss

I know these are really tough questions to ask yourself!

Most of my trading losses were due to the following 4 reasons :-

1. Cut loss too late.

2. Catching a falling knife.

3. Revenge trades.

4. Falling in love with a stock.

Here is the link to the Loss Journal

It takes a real man to admit his mistakes! Ha-ha

I hope you all learnt something from all this and don't make these mistakes.

Happy trading in 2016!

GA

No comments:

Post a Comment